IP4 PlasmaLIONEX DIAGNOSTICS AND THERAPEUTICS
Industrial innovations based on EU intellectual property assets in the field of atmospheric pressure plasma technology.
In the IP4Plasma project, atmospheric pressure plasma equipment manufacturers and end-users will work with leading experts in research and technology innovation to overcome the barriers to commercial application of a unique intellectual property right (IPR) portfolio.
The aim is to bring cutting-edge IPR-protected innovations from the laboratory scale to industrial implementation for advanced surface treatment of materials. This will be done by demonstrating the suitability of the technology for existing and new industrial applications in the medical productsand diagnostics sector
The picture above shows the glow of a “cold” (expert term: non-thermal) ambient pressure plasma during the treatment of a plastic part. Such type of plasma as tool for the tailoring of surfaces of materials to be used in advanced medical diagnostic and health care products is in the center of this project. Please find more informationon plasmas in general and their use in this project also on the non-expert level.
Source: http://ip4plasma.eu/en/home. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 604048
- Spinverse Ltd (Finland)– Coordination, valorisation, market studies, dissemination
- 2B Srl (Italy)– LCA & LCC analysis
- Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films IST(Germany) – RTD performer plasma processes development
- IMA nv (Belgium)– Precision engineering parts & components
- Institut Jozef Stefan (Slovenia)– RTD performer surface characterisation
- LIONEX GmbH (Germany)– End user, Production of biomedical diagnostics
- SOFTAL Corona & Plasma GmbH(Germany) – Plasma system manufacturing
- Tosama d.o. o. (Slovenia)– End user, Production of wound care products
- VITO – Flemish Institute for Technological Research (Belgium)– RTD performer equipment & plasma processes
If you have any questions please contact us
Last Updated on